Last nights stay and Gullafloss, Iceland, Sept. 18, 2023

 Some shots of last nights stay this morning, a volcano that you could see in the distance from our place and some scenery shots of glacier near Gullafloss.  A lot of people go to Iceland for a few days see Reykjavik, and then do a bus tour of the Golden Circle…Gullafloss is the showstopper waterfall on that circuit.  And so we are finishing our Iceland trip with Gullafloss,  It’s impressive that’s for sure.  Busy,  but they do a good job of managing the hordes.  A very large gift store and very nice WC (spent no money on the former, used the latter).  Just drove back to Reykjavik afterwards and I turned the car in…I found a downtown Hertz car rental and drove over there and they let me return the car there for no extra charge, even shuttled me back to our accommodation.  That saved over three hours for me (Keflavik is 45 minutes to an hour each way out from the city depending on traffic).  Thank you Hertz.  On to the North Atlantic and the Faroe, Shetland and Orkney islands.    And yeah, I’m definitely not a crowd guy as we all know the first thing I say about a hike, a location, etc.  is it was great we were the only one’s there!  As I’ve reported over these two weeks, that was often the case for us in Iceland.  




































Comments