Fox Curve Trail, Rabbit Ears Pass - 2-11-2018

Took off a day from my outdoor pursuits on Saturday and did our taxes.  Back at it on Sunday.  Drove up to Rabbit Ears Pass and cross country skied the Fox Curve Trail (about 4.4 miles).  Lots of folks at  Rabbit Ears Pass on a blue sky Sunday, but I was by myself most of the time.  I have never skied here as it is about a three hour drive from home, but only a little over an hour from Granby, where I am staying.  The pass is divided in two roughly with the east side set aside for snowmobilers, and the west side for snowshoers and cross country skiers.  Generally less spectacular peaks than say RMNP, but fabulous big meadows and lots of great powder.  Highs were in the upper teens at the pass, so no sticking to the snow.  A great outing.





























Comments