Day hikes and wildflowers

After returning from our midwest trip, I did 5 day hikes in 10 days, basically hike one day, take the next day off and work around the house - repeat.  These were the usual locations, i.e. hikes out highway 285, to the SW of Denver, which tends to be a quieter alternative than trails out I-70, or outside of Boulder or the east side of Rocky Mountain National Park - all very beautiful areas, but much busier, even on weekdays, which is when I hike now.  I hiked between 10 and 18 miles per day and Addie, one of our labradoodles, joined me on all of the hikes.  It was a wet June/early July here, so it was a very good wildflower year.  There are other areas better known for wildflowers than these hikes, mostly in western CO, but nonetheless, it was pretty nice.  Most of the time I saw no one or only a few groups all day, and these trail heads are only about 55 miles or less from town.

So on to the pictures from these hikes.
































































































Comments