Back to Chicago and more civilized pursuits

So I've been gone since Labor Day weekend, but still another side trip to go before heading home.  After the second BWCA trip I headed down to Chicagoland for a two day visit with my cousin Pat and Mark, and then two days with my folks and sister Denise.

Two highlights from my Pat and Mark visit were a theater hike Pat and I did in the Morton Arboretum.  They perform a play in 6 acts, with each act at a different location in the Arboretum that you walk to between acts.  We saw "Around the World in 80 Days", and it was really a lot of fun.  A unique way to watch a play.   The next day we went down to Starved Rock State Park for some light hiking and afterwards we ate at the Cajun Connection - "Cajun Mike" is the chef - I can now say I have eaten gator - and yes "it tastes a bit like chicken".  Good eating.  Pat also made a great dinner, and we went out to breakfast - , and then I ate well at my folks house too (see below) so gaining weight seems like it was on the agenda.

The next two days were visiting with my folks and sister Denise.  My Mom had another visit to the ER with a very high pulse rate, although it seems everything is good now - my Dad is mostly status quo.

So here's a few pictures from the Pat and Mark visit - no pictures this time with my folks.





















Comments