Day 3 PM, Colorado Fall Trip, Cimmaron River Road, 10-2-24

 After finishing my hike up the Soap creek road, I headed back down the road to Highway 92, and Highway 50, and headed west to the Cimarron River road that takes you back towards Silver Jack Reservir, the Uncompahgre wilderness, and eventually owl creek pass and over to Ridgway.  This is another prime fall color spot and I saw a few leaf peepers, but not really that many considering how beautiful it was.  I ended up camping off the forest service road that leads to the middle fork trail, about a mile from the trailhead.  All by myself again.  I did have a four wheeler pull into camp around 6:30, and asked if I could help out some backpackers who had a dead battery at the trailhead.  Tim, a 71 year old from Ohio, was at his car and we jumped it and he was good to go.  He and his friend had done the loop up the middle fork and then back down the east fork…his friend was back at the east fork trailhead….71 years old and a flat lander from Ohio…an impressive accomplishment.





















































Comments

  1. The rocks that tower up towards the sky are spectacular to look at and remind me of a city surrounded by golden trees. Very incredible.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment