Big Blue Creek - backpacking, August 28-30.2024

 Got in my annual backpacking trip and in one of my favorite (perhaps favorite) wilderness areas in Colorado, the Uncompahgre Wilderness.  Beautiful weather, 6 miles in to my campsite, and then a ten mile RT day hike on my second day up to views of a great high alpine basin, with views of Uncompahgre Peak  and Silver Mountain.  Great wildlife trip…moose, elk, beaver, grouse, and a very rare sighting of a porcupine.  Met one couple on my day hike in their early 60’s (?) , and a couple of day hikers nearer the trailhead on my way out, otherwise I had the area to myself.   Colin would have loved the trip.




























































Comments

  1. Absolutely gorgeous. Looks like perfect weather. As usual, love the moose shots.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment