Little Wildhorse and Bell Canyon Loop, San Rafael Swell Nov. 2020

 A balmy night, with lows in the low 40’s.  Drove to Goblin Valley State Park, but instead of visiting (I am sure it’s worthy but I’m doing something else) I drove on to the Little Wildhorse Canyon-Bell Canyon loop trail head.  Little Wildhorse Canyon is a slot canyon for over half of it’s length and is know for being one of the most accessible slot canyons in the world...no ropes needed.  There wer definitely some obstacles but nothing I couldn’t work around or get over...Donna as a short solo hiker might have had some difficulties with a few of them.  The whole loop was glorious, both canyons were spectacular as was the scenery along the Behind the Reef trail/road.  Another 8.5 mile RT hike.  This is the most popular trail in the San Rafael Swell.  I was the third car at the trailhead but there was 16 cars thee when I finished my hike around 1:15.  But only saw about 6 groups of people in 4.5 hours, so I was by myself almost the entire time.  A spectacular ending to a great three day adventure.


























































































































Comments