Chute Canyon, San Rafael Swell Nov. 2020

 After my Crack Canyon hike, I drove another few miles down the road to Chute Canyon.  Had lunch and then took off on a 8.5 mile RT hike into Chute Canyon.  No slots but plenty of narrow and beautiful scenery.  Every hike in this area had been wonderful.  I ran into one person on this trail and also on Crack Canyon....the same person, a guy from Aspen with his dog.  I showed him my map when I first ran into him in Crack Canyon, which is how he ended up being in Chute Canyon that afternoon.  So a 13 mile hiking day.  The road past the Chute Canyon becomes a more serious Jeep type road, and is now blocked off in several points so it has become a mountain bike trail now.  I drove back down the Behind the Reef Road to the Temple Mountain area and found a dandy campsite for the night.  There are a few folks camping (mostly trailer/small RV types), but really scattered so I haven’t even been able to see other campers let alone hear them.  The silence is profound, and the stars.Milky Way Galaxy at night has been amazing.


























































































Comments