First muskie fishing (unsuccessful, oh well), and some fall colors in MN

My usual home for a short time and then off I go again.  I try and get back twice a year to Illinois to see my family, and usually link it with a trip up to northern MN.  So I decided to sneak in a trip back to the midwest - drove straight through to Bemidji, MN (1080 miles door to door; 16 hours) to save time, since I don't have a lot of time on this trip (plus I am a crazy road warrior).  Visiting my friend George - I tried out his homemade wooden sit on top fishing kayak, and his solo canoe - both amazing as I would expect from renaissance man George; fished for walleye one day and muskies another day.  Caught a few walleyes to bring home, but struck out on the muskies - we caught several northerns, and had muskies follow our lures right up to the boat a few times (that gets your heart pounding as these are large fish), but didn't catch any.  Still it was great to be out on the water, has some pretty nice fall colors, and we had a great sunset our last evening of fishing.  So a good trip to MN as usual.

































Comments