Lund, Sunshine Coast BC, June 2024

 Took the ferry from Earl’s Cove to SalteryBay and drove up to Lund where I am staying in an airbnb in the woods a couple of miles from Lund.  It is perfectly situated for my outdoor activities while I’m here with kayak put in points and trailheads all within 2 miles of my accomodation.  First up was a wonderful 14 mile RT kayak in Okeover Inlet, parts of which are part of Desolation Sound marine park. In addition to great scenery, I saw thousands of jellyfish pulsing in the water, and a mink along the shore…I actually got a few good photos of the mink, a first for me.  The starfish were prolific as well, and a few shoreline homes to covet.  The next day I paddled around 12 miles RT out to and through the Copeland Islands and again more beautiful scenery, some seals, starfish, close ups of an eagle, etc..  And I finished my three days here with a 7 mile RT hike to the Manzanita hut on the Sunshine coastal trail.  A great three days on the north Sunshine Coast.







































































































Comments