Shelf Lake - Continental Divide

It's been a long time since I did a day hike, and my lungs and legs showed it.  I was hoping to hike along the continental divide above Shelf Lake, and "summit" several peaks, but alas, my lungs and legs thwarted my ambitions.  I did climb to the top of Decatur Peak, which sits above Shelf Lake, and then down to the saddle between Shelf Lake and Revenue Peak, but it was obvious that I would not have enough time nor stamina to summit Revenue and Silver Peaks (all of which are just under 13,000 feet).  I was rewarded with great views to the west, viewing Dillon Reservoir, and the Summit county peaks.  I also noticed for the first time that I could see Mount of the Holy Cross in the distance (no picture, a bit far for a decent shot).  Trusty Addie joined me in this hike as usual.












Comments