The four sentences that lead to wisdom


A book I read while at Nanuya Island Resort in Fiji was Bury the Dead by Louise Penny.  I picked it out of their meager little library at the resort - probably left by some vacationing Canadian.  This was a murder mystery book set in Quebec City, Canada in the middle of winter - about as far, climate wise, as you could get from Fiji.  We have been to Quebec City once as a family, and we really loved Quebec, and that town in particular (along with the Gaspe Peninsula - definitely want to return someday).

Anyway, a quote from the book that I liked and copied down was:

The four sentences that lead to wisdom:

I’m sorry.
I was wrong.
I need help.
I don’t know

I doubt I have been particularly good at these (particularly number 3 and 4 - it has always been difficult for me to ask for help, even though I am often in dire need of it).

A bit of wisdom buried in a thriller.  A good book by the way.

Let's have a picture of the resort to remind me of that time.


Comments

  1. Number 3 and 4 are exactly what I'm feeling when it comes to painting the BIG W!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment