Hell's Hole

No, this isn't a blog about Rush Limbaugh's mouth.  I highly recommend Mike Littwin's opinion piece on Rush Limbaugh - he says it so much more eloquently (and humorously) than I can.  Here is the link to that piece.  http://www.denverpost.com/littwin/ci_20107331        Rush Limbaugh has been occasionally referred to as the "de facto" head of the Republican Party - witness the very weak reaction by the Republican Presidential hopefuls to Rush's over the top and disgusting rant - and you see how no one wants to directly take him on for fear of risking the wrath of the conservative faithful.  I'd say he is more like the "defacto rear end" of the party rather than the head

Hell's Hole is actually the name of a trail in the Arapahoe National Forest/Mt. Evans Wilderness about 6 miles from Idaho Springs.  It is rated "challenging" in the snowshoeing book I have, and I agree, a pretty vertical trail - I did it once before in the winter several years ago.  I've hiked it a few times in the summer too.  Addie and I had a nice and grueling day snowshoeing up this trail  - it has real nice views at the very top, but we didn't quite make it, as the trail disappeared and I was sinking in up to my knees in the snow (with my snowshoes on), so I had lunch and came back down.

Here are a few pictures from the trail.



Comments