Kayaking on Ridgway Reservoir and camping at the end of County Road 7 June 3-4, 2021

 I kayaked for 4 hours on Ridgway Reservoir on Thursday and 3.5 hours on Friday before heading back home, Friday afternoon.  I kayaked the entire shoreline, which is about 8 miles.  I trolled for a little while with a little Cleo spoon and caught three small trout the first day one the second day before a nasty line tangle caused me to abandon the fishing effort the second day.  Fishing was just an afterthought anyway, I was quite surprised that I actually caught a few fish.  The views from the reservoir are beautiful of both the Sneffels range and the Uncompahgre peaks.  The afternoon on Thursday after kayaking, I drove up County Road 7 just outside of Ridgway, which bisects much of Ralph Lauren’s ranch, and found an amazing campsite at the upper end of a half mile long meadow with spectacular views of the Sneffels range.  A gorgeous spot.





























Great Blue Heron in flight




Great Blue Heron




“Headless” bald eagle grabbing a fish

Comments