Colorado Headwaters and Baker Gulch trails RMNP Early March 2020

The Colorado Headwaters trail is one of my favorites in Grand County, especially on a day I make it back to where the Colorado River starts in a meadow near the old mining settlement remains in RMNP.  Brad has never actually made it this far back (very wimpy of him) but I drag him back to at least the beginning of the meadow where you can see the end of the meadow where Skeleton creek and Lulu Creek come together to form the Colorado river.  Donna and I were back here together two winters ago, and I’ve been here a number of times by myself over the last several winters.  As always, lots of signs of moose but no Mr. Moose..a common theme for this winter.  The next day Brad and I ventured up Baker Gulch, most of which is in The Never Summer Wilderness..my favorite named Wilderness area.  We made it up farther than I had ever gone in the winter, on another nice day.













































Comments