Dramatic moonrise over the “Desolation Sound” peaks
Sept. 13 - Extended local walk and hanging out at our place.
Large gathering of mergansers right in front of our place
Dolphins cruising by
On Monday I did a 11.5 mile paddle through Hyancinthe and Open Bays, through the narrow gap north of Valdez road and back through the Bretons. I landed back at the spit at the same time as a lady was landing after circumnavigating Read Island in 6 days (I did it in two, but my circumnavigation was crazy, hers was rational). However, I saw whales up close on my circumnavigation, she didn’t see any…just luck of the draw. I helped her load her kayak, she said she just counts on someone coming along and offering her a hand getting it loaded.
Totally flat water - a paddler’s dream
The big leaf maples are turning colors
Egg yolk jellyfish
Egg yolk jellyfish
Yep, I paddled through that gap
A Pacific Lion’s Mane Jelly
Surfbirds
Harlequin duck
Accidentally photographed an oystercatcher urinating
Stomach flu or “regular” influenza or Covid hits for a week plus…..incapacitated with severe chills, aches, low grade fever, eventual vomiting and diarrhea. Slowly starting to take some local walks. Watched a small pod of orcas go by in the distance, perhaps one other whale sighting. A foggy morning walk at the spit. No kayaking, so the illness thwarted my plan to do an overnight into the Okisollo channel - would have been ideal no wind conditions too. Such is life.
On my local walk one day, I saw the barred owl again. I was very close and he just stayed where he was.
Another nice sunrise
One last paddle out to the Breton Islands. Lots of oystercatchers, harlequin ducks and seals and the usual magnificent scenery.
A beautiful moonrise.
And a final sun rise.
Comments
Post a Comment