Visiting Denise in Sycamore, IL

 Headed to Sycamore to see sister Denise for my fall 6 day trip…drive straight thru, 4 days in Sycamore, and then drive straight back home.  A bit rainy the first day, then nice weather for the rest of the time.  Colors were just starting, they seem to be later this year everywhere.  Impossible burgers, beef sandwiches, steak, and crock pot pot roast were the dinners…I get my meat and potatoes when I venture back to the Midwest.  I channeled my inner handyman, and anyone that knows me knows that I’m not handy, but still managed to install three curtain rods and 3 new window coverings for the guest bedroom, the loft, and the dining room sliding door.  Also fixed a toilet handle, bought an 8 foot ladder and got 2 light bulbs changed in the high ceiling garage, and picked out a bunch of photos, printed them out at Walgreens, bought picture frames and got them displayed.  We managed to sneak in a trip to Oregon, IL and got a day hike in at one of the SP’s there.  I took several local walks while Denise slept (she works nights and generally sleeps from around 8 or 9 am until 3 or so.  So a great and productive visit!














































Comments