Fall Creek Trail Uncompahgre Wilderness September 15, 2020

 Time to go back to my favorite Wilderness area in the state, the Uncompahgre Wilderness for a two day, two night trip.  I car camped two nights and did two day hikes.  First up is Fall Creek trail, which I have never done.  It starts at the end of the Little Cimarron road at 11,000 feet.  I day hiked to “the end” of the trail. I.e. to the pass before the trail descends steeple into the upper part of the Big Blue Creek drainage.  6.75 miles in, but only 1400 feet of elevation gain...relatively flat the first 4 miles or so before climbing up the last 3 miles.  A series of beautiful meadow that are used by Elk in the summer...I did hear Elk several times in the trees but never saw any.  I was out for 10 hours and only saw two groups of two people each in the last hour of the day.  Two bow hunters from Arkansas, and a day hiking couple from CedarEdge.  So I was by myself for essentially the whole day.  Really enjoyed the day and trail.  







































































































Comments