Back to Grand County , January-March 2020

This is my 6th year volunteering with the National Sports Center for the Disabled (NSCD), teaching and skiing with disabled folks at the Winter Park ski area.  I'm signed up for 22 days again this season.   It's very rewarding, usually very fun, can be very challenging, and I have met a number of wonderful fellow volunteers and inspiring disabled folks.  A fellow volunteer is renting me her 2 bedroom condo in Fraser (about 5 miles from ski area) for two months - mid January - mid March at a very friendly price.    It is great to not have to drive the hour and a half each way and Brad comes up and joins ne for snowshoeing and cross-country skiing in Grand County; Donna will also be joining me several times, and I'll be going back at least every other weekend to go to Colorado Symphony concerts with Donna, etc.  So, I am rarely up here by myself.  It makes for a busy and fun winter.

So first up is Brad and we snowshoed/cross country skied at Monarch Lake loop near Lake Granby, in Fraser Experimental Forest (all of five miles from condo) on the Saint Louis Loop trail, and the Tonahutu - Big Meadow-Green Mountain shuttle tour in RMNP.  All great outings and a good start to the winter snowshoeing season.




































Comments