January 2019 in Grand County Colorado

This is my fifth year volunteering with the National Sports Center for the Disabled (NSCD) at Winter Park ski area, and my third year for renting a condo up in Grand county while I'm volunteering.  The last two years I've rented a studio condo in Granby for a month, but this year I've got a two bedroom condo rented for January and February in Fraser, only 5 miles from the ski area from a fellow volunteer who isn't coming up to the mountains as much as she used to.  It's a great deal, in a great location, and very quiet.  I've yet to hear anyone else through the condo walls, just very occasionally the sound of running water.  i got up here later than I planned and then I had to go to IL for a week (gone from the mountains for ten days) to help my sister get through an eye surgery (repair of a macular hole).  But still managed to volunteer 6 days so far and cross country ski and snowshoe on a number of days.  Brad managed to make it up a couple of times, but alas Donna went to SLC to visit Aria (I guess I know where I stand)...she is planning on coming up in February, once she gets over the cold she caught from Aria.  Anyway, here are a few photos from cross-country skiing and snow shoeing in Fraser Experimental Forest and Rocky Mountain National Park.













































Comments