New bikes, kayaking near home at Chatfield Reservoir

We have nice bikes, but lots of body parts are sore after biking these days;  Neck, shoulders, back and of course the proverbial bum.  I do a bunch of research and decide if I'm going to still bike it's going to be on a recumbent.  Donna is interested too, and a few days later we are the proud owners of new Sun recumbent bikes.  These things are pricey, but Sun is at the lower end of the price scale..you can spend way more than this on a really nice touring bike.  I've ridden mine about 100 miles in the first week, and it's definitely way more comfortable.  Slightly faster on the flats and downhill, slightly slower on hills....not screaming fast as the owner of the bike store led me to believe (a recumbent does hold the world bicycle speed record, however)...but I didn't buy the bike for speed but for comfort and it gets an A in that category.  Lots of looks as I ride down the street.

Also decided to get the sea kayak out for a two hour paddle on nearby (7 miles away) Chatfield Reservoir.










Comments