SLC - Adorable Aria in late May

Following the buggy spring trip into the BWCA, I drove down to Saint Charles, Illinois to see my folks and sister Denise - planting some more shrubs in the yard and doing some general yard work when not visiting.  Denise does a fantastic job taking care of my parents  - they could not live in their home with our her.

I then added to my diving lore by driving straight through from Saint Charles, Illinois to Holladay, Utah; around 1420 miles in 20 hours, leaving Illinois around 5:45 AM, and arriving in Holladay around 12:45 AM.  I originally planned on sleeping in a rest area for a while in Wyoming,  ut I wasn't really tired so decided to push on all the way...fueled by listening to podcasts and sandwich lunch and dinner provided by my family.  A bit over the top even by my standards.

Donna flew to SLC that afternoon.  We spent the next 5 days with Nic, Anna and Aria, and then drove back to Littleton together so Donna could go back to work.  Many great meals, a few trips into the nearby mountains, several neighborhood walks including a fun evening in downtown Holladay where Aria was a hit with the local jazz band that was playing, visits with the Heinz family and an evening meal at Stephanie and Jason's new home, and several "Aria photo sessions".  As always, a good time was had by all.



















































































































































Comments