It's All Relative

Following the 4 day road trip to New Mexico, I took off the very next day for a 3 week trek to the midwest, land of my roots.  If I'm heading to the midwest, you can bet there are relatives to see.  Seward, Nebraska and visit with nephew Joel and new wife Sara, and sister in law Jan (brother in law Glen was planting - farmer in SE Nebraska).  I did not get a pic of them, but a nice pizza dinner, good catching up, and a good nights sleep - all good.

Then on to Illinois, visits with my folks and sister Denise, including a visit with my Aunt Norma and Uncle Jerry (my Mom's sister and brother in law).  Norma had lung cancer, and although she looked pretty good when I saw her, she passed away just 15 days later.  Then over to visit my cousin Pat and her significant other Mark - a great day in Chicago with Pat (separate post).

Finishing off the relative visiting it's up to Minneapolis and my nephew Gus's (Donna's sister Carla's youngest) graduation from the University of Minnesota.  Blow out party (4 U of M grads, many 20 something friends - need I say more).

Of course I'm in the trusty Accord (246,000 miles at end of the trip) and boy was it hot crossing the great plains - major heat wave - upper 90's in mid May!

 Carla, Emily, Pat, Gus and Lindsay Griffin
 Carla, Emily, Pat, Gus and Lindsay Griffin
 The morning after the graduation party - no worse for the wear
 My Mom
 My Mom
 Uncle Jerry, my Mom, Aunt Norma
 My Dad, My Mom, sister Denise
 sister Denise
cousin Pat and Mark

Comments